Published on:

Slip-and-fall Accidents: No Laughing Matter in New York City so find a New York injury Lawyer


When a cartoon character slips and falls on a banana peel, we laugh. When you slip and fall, it is not so funny. In fact, injuries caused by slipping and falling are the second leading cause of accidental deaths, ranking behind only car accidents.

Although we can lose traction and fall down almost anywhere, slips and falls often happen in public locations where a lot of people are coming and going. These accidents are caused by any number of different circumstances, including potholes in parking lots, spilled liquids on floors, defective stairways, and uneven sidewalks.

Generally, a property owner has a legal obligation to keep property that others may use in a reasonable state of repair and to warn and protect people from known dangers. This obligation may mean that the owner must rope off the cracked tile on the floor until it can be fixed, mop up the puddles that form around the front door when it rains, or clean up the spill on aisle six as soon as it is discovered. This sounds like common sense, but it is surprising how often property owners overlook such remedies, resulting in unnecessary injuries. That is when a New York Injury Lawyer can help you.

If you fall and injure yourself on someone else’s property and you can prove that the property owner is responsible, you may have a legal claim for damages. You may be entitled to recover your medical expenses, loss of earnings, and compensation for pain and suffering, as well as other damages related to the mishap. However, there are many exceptions, special rules, and other factors that can affect a slip-and-fall case. If you are injured on someone else’s property through no fault of your own, call us immediately. We will go to work for you and get you everything that you deserve under the law. Remember, in real life a slip and fall is no laughing matter.

Stephen Bilkis & Associates, with convenient locations throughout the New York Metropolitan area, including Hamilton Heights, can provide you advice relative to someone’s negligence and you receive personal injury. Don’t hesitate to ask us about a Criminal Attorney for your Injury Law Case. He could help enormously.

Posted in:
Published on:

Comments are closed.

Contact Information