If you or someone you know has been injuredin a rollover accident involving an SUV, take the following steps immediately:
1. Take pictures of the location of the accident and of the roadway, showing the layout of the road and any tire marks or scrapes.
2. Take pictures of the SUV and other vehicles involved in the accident. You cannot have too many photos.
3. Preserve the vehicle. If the SUV is totaled, the insurer will either pay you the value and keep the SUV or pay you the value minus the salvage cost and allow you to keep the wreck. BUY THE WRECK, or else it will be lost.
4. Gather important documents, including police reports, the names and contact information of witnesses, and medical bills.
5. Contact a New York Injury Lawyer.
Stephen Bilkis & Associates, with convenient locations throughout the New York Metropolitan area, can provide you advice related to personal injury in vehicle accidents. Without an attorney, you may not be protecting you and your loved ones… know all your rights.